Come work on a vibrant and exciting new social platform that’s often been called “Minecraft for Messaging”. You’ll be part of an ambitious team, merging the best new technologies with modern design, building an immersive new experience, that fundamentally changes the way we socialize online.
We are an agile team, backed by investors in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the entire community building function at Unreal. This is our first full-time community builder and comes with a wide variety of responsibilities. You'll be working closely with our product and design team as we build a community of highly engaged early adopters.
Tackle challenging problems, including...
- Assemble user testing groups and gathering feedback from users.
- Manage and maintain ongoing communication with a growing beta user group.
- Build and manage an online community.
- Establish processes for user feedback and product improvements.
This role will give you the opportunity to...
- Build a large scale, thriving online community from scratch.
- Create and manage a high volume of social media.
- Build our community management infrastructure.
- Manage community feedback and take action.
- Establish community best practices.
- Create fanfare for the brand and ongoing product releases.
- Manage quality assurance on product.
- Research, target and execute outreach to thousands of early adopters.
- Engage with creative artists and content creators.
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to have...
- 3+ years of experience in customer service, customer support, product QA.
- An abundance of social media experience.
- A passion for consumer products and services.
- A desire to build community and help others.
- Experience blogging.
- Experience creating and posting video content.
- Experience with video editing and creation tools.
- Experience with image editing tools.
- Initiative and a strong professional drive.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly.
As a bonus, we'd love you to have...
- A successful personal YouTube, Instagram or Twitter account.
- Personal projects that showcase you as a designer, coder, writer, or videographer.
- Previous experience working with games or social media companies.
- Experience with MMO games.
- Past success at building online communities.